Thursday, December 30, 2010

Breastfeeding Myths


There are so many misconceptions when it comes to breastfeeding and why women can't do it.
I honestly feel that education for women is lacking. I remember thinking I was ready to breastfeed after taking the class offered by my hospital. I see now, how uninformed I was. I am the first to say, that lack of education and support are the main reasons I feel I was never able to establish a full supply. I think most things are "obstacles" that are overcome with those 2 keys- education and support.
I in no way want to say that there are not women who truly can not make enough...for all I know, I may be one. I feel though, that often times, women do not realize how to approach breastfeeding and the obstacles they will face, and therefore, do not succeed, or do not get a supply established.
I have found this to be a true passion of mine. These obstacles in the cartoon above, are reasons that women truly feel keep them from breastfeeding, but with the right support, could be overcome.
Photobucket

No comments: